Topic: All user email addresses fail email address validation
I've been struggling to figure out a problem where whenever me or any of my email users subscribe to most any mailing list, we never receive the confirmation email that we need in order to confirm our subscription. When we subscribe to these same mailing lists using, say for example, a gmail account, it works perfectly every time. It works never on iredmail.
After much researching and head scratching, I have discovered that what is happening is that my iredmail servers (I have two of them) fail any and all email validation services in use out there. These mailing list owners try to validate email addresses before adding them to their lists, in order to prevent crap addresses getting added to their lists.
Seems reasonable enough.
But, why are they all seemingly unable to validate an address on iredmail servers? Is there a way to correct this?
My config: 0.9.7 PGSQL, deployed via downloadable, ubuntu 16.04.6, nginx, not Pro.
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.