Topic: How to domain alias with LDAP AD?

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.6 OPENLDAP edition.
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Yes
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi!

I have to following situation: The company that I work for is changing its name, so they need to change the domain, too. As described above, our iRedmail installation is based on authentication against a LDAP Windows AD.

How can I set the new domain as main but keep the old one for retrocompatibility (so, e-mails sent to the old domain will arrive, too).

Any help will very much appreciated.
Thank you!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to domain alias with LDAP AD?

AD doesn't have such LDAP attribute, so you need to either pick up an existing one to store alias domain (and update Postfix/Dovecot config files to query it), or add your own attribute, or don't use alias domain.

We have no plan to improve AD support like this.

I think you can simply rename the domain in AD, then rename the mailbox directories to make it work. but, yes a lot work.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

AD doesn't have such LDAP attribute, so you need to either pick up an existing one to store alias domain (and update Postfix/Dovecot config files to query it), or add your own attribute, or don't use alias domain.

We have no plan to improve AD support like this.

I think you can simply rename the domain in AD, then rename the mailbox directories to make it work. but, yes a lot work.

Hi!
  Thank you for the quick reply. Sorry, my questions wasn't clear or I didn't understand your feedback.
   I don't want to change the AD domain, I'd like a domain alias for Postfix/Dovecot - like if I send an e-mail to user@olddomain.com or user@newdomain.com it will get to the user inbox.
   Yes, my setup uses AD to authenticate, but I'm not willing to touch AD for now.

Cheers smile

My answer remains the same as previous reply. smile

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

My answer remains the same as previous reply. smile

Oh, my! sad

Thanks

Check this tutorial:
https://docs.iredmail.org/ldap.add.alias.domain.html
You need to add alias to your current domain and additional address to every account.

7 (edited by zuotoski 2019-09-30 23:22:00)

maslokm wrote:

Check this tutorial:
https://docs.iredmail.org/ldap.add.alias.domain.html
You need to add alias to your current domain and additional address to every account.

Hi!
   Thank you for your help and suggestion. What happens is that I've installed the free iRedMail version, which doesn't have the gui control panel. As I was told, the integration between Windows AD and iRedmail is not supported by the Pro version.
    I am not a Linux guy, but I have to make it work.
    How can I add the domain alias in Postfix manually? If necessary, I can use any AD attribute as a domai alias, but how can I assign it in Postfix? I tried to do it by myself, but I didn't even change anything because what I have as source to do it suggests to use the virtual_alias_domain field inside the file main.cf, while iRedmail uses proxy_read_maps.

Thank you again!

Cheers smile