Topic: Cant create distribution list in Outlook

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
Iredmail 3.7----Ubuntu 18.04----Version Mysql----Nginx----Iredadmin-pro

I can't create a distribution group in outlook, using caldav sinchronizer doesn't work either, I can't create local distribution groups
from SOGO contacts are created and synchronized correctly, but from Outlook it's not possible

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Cant create distribution list in Outlook

I have no idea what kind of "distribution group" in out look is. sad
Is a server-side mailing list ok for this purpose?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I have no idea what kind of "distribution group" in out look is. sad
Is a server-side mailing list ok for this purpose?

Contats group in the outlook , my user have my users have many contacts and contact groups on the PC, it is not possible to manage contact groups of more than 5000 users on the server by it staff
I am using Caldav Sinchronizer, it synchronizes the contacts well but the contact groups synchronize them as an email template and with an unknown name

Thanks

I ran into this same issue moving from an Exchange server. Unfortunately it's an Outlook limitation if you are not using Exchange.
We are set up slightly differently, using LDAP instead of SQL, but the results should be similar.

I ended up moving all of our users to EM Client from Outlook where you can create individual distribution lists from either your personal contacts or the shared addressbook in sogo. It also eliminates the need for caldavsyc as Sogo (caldav and carddav) support is built in. It also solved a bunch of problems we were having with IMAP (Outlook has had various IMAP issues including randomly corrupting the OST file, since 2013). I haven't looked back.