Topic: Change name-date of Roundcube vmail Maildir Directory
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? no
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
With a lot of experimentation I was able to rsync roundcube files from one Ubuntu 14 AWS server to a new and upgraded 18 version. However, I now have two MailDir directories with different dates so the new installation will not read the imported email eml files.
How can I change the roundcube database to read the correct (newer) Maildir version?
/var/vmail/vmail1/domain/.../user-2019.10.04.05.02.43 (?created with admin)
/var/vmail/vmail1/domain/.../user-2017.08.12.18.19.25 (imported and updated emails)
I worked around this by simply moving all the Maildir data from the old directory to the newer directory. There must be a more elegant way of changing the name of the maillist table or something like that.
Has anyone every been able to connect Navicat with the Roundcube database for a GUI interface?