1 (edited by bodywise 2019-10-08 23:52:21)

Topic: Change name-date of Roundcube vmail Maildir Directory

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? no
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi,

With a lot of experimentation I was able to rsync roundcube files from one Ubuntu 14 AWS server to a new and upgraded 18 version. However, I now have two MailDir directories with different dates so the new installation will not read the imported email eml files.

How can I change the roundcube database to read the correct (newer) Maildir version? 
/var/vmail/vmail1/domain/.../user-2019.10.04.05.02.43  (?created with admin)
/var/vmail/vmail1/domain/.../user-2017.08.12.18.19.25  (imported and updated emails)

I worked around this by simply moving all the Maildir data from the old directory to the newer directory.   There must be a more elegant way of changing the name of the maillist table or something like that.

Has anyone every been able to connect Navicat with the Roundcube database for a GUI interface?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Change name-date of Roundcube vmail Maildir Directory

The maildir path is stored in SQL table "vmail.mailbox", you can either updating the SQL records to match the path on file system, or rename the directory on file system to match the path stored in SQL record.

Re: Change name-date of Roundcube vmail Maildir Directory

Thank you.  What is the SQL command line to rename or update the maildir path?   

mysql> show tables   produces no output

renaming the maildir directory name is easy but laborious since I have 8 separate email accounts with multiple users in this vmail database.