Topic: Upgrade and SPAM filters
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 16.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
I have questions about upgrading.
I use iredmail for years now, upgrading it regulary but now I'm facing a little SPAM problem.
I receive some SPAM not rejected and trying to find why, I noticed that my config files are different from files in the last 0.9.9 package
for example my /etc/amavis/conf.d/50-user is very different from the one in the iRedMail-0.9.9.tar.bz2 package
same for /etc/spamassassin/local.cf
In upgrading tutorials I don't see the changes I noticed
for example, the last release 0.9.9, spamassassin use razor but not in my config (and not in 0.9.8 package)
should I install over my installation instead of upgrading ? or upgrading tutorials are incomplete ?
About my spam problem :
Currently, my server accept email without checking SPF which is a problem, since I can receive email from any IP address without checking
additionnally I tried to add HELO_LH_HOME in spamassassin but my change in local.cf are just ignored
Well, any help will be very appreciate