Topic: Recipient address rejected: Blacklisted

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): NGINX
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

postfix/smtpd[1154]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-yb1-f180.google.com[209.85.219.180]: 554 5.7.1 <user@mydomain.com>: Recipient address rejected: Blacklisted; from=<external_user@gmail.com> to=<user@mydomain.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail-yb1-f180.google.com>

This is a relatively recent issue, and only affects one users account. I can email to my own personal account on the same domain from the same gmail address and no problems.

I've searched all the blacklists involved, global and user and none of them contain this user's email address, nor do they contain any references to gmail.com.

This has left me stumped, any suggestions?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Recipient address rejected: Blacklisted

Check /var/log/iredapd/iredapd.log, what's the related log of this blacklist?

Re: Recipient address rejected: Blacklisted

Thanks!

That helped me track down the user and the associated blacklist.

When I ran the wblist_admin.py utility it didn't show that @gmail.com was blacklisted for this user, but after a few database searches in the amavisd tables and that blacklist line in the log file I found it pretty quickly, and resolved it through a database query.

I wasn't aware of that log file previously. Very useful.