Topic: MySQL/MariaDB 'Got an error reading communication packets'

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: FreeBSD 12.1-RELEASE-p1
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL (MariaDB 10.4.10)
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.

====

Every two minutes, this server records an error like this in the MariaDB error log:

2019-12-01 20:32:55 1889 [Warning] Aborted connection 1889 to db: 'vmail' user: 'vmailadmin' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)

Only the connection number changes in these error messages.

Searching around the web, I found this good explanation of the problem:

https://dba.stackexchange.com/questions … on-packets

But I had already tried the proposed solution of increasing max_allowed_packet to 256M. Further increasing the value to 512M and restarting the MariaDB server did not help.

What else can I do to understand and resolve this issue? Thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: MySQL/MariaDB 'Got an error reading communication packets'

We had similar issue with FreeBSD 12.x before, didn't figure out a solution yet. sad
The temporarily solution (if possible) is running iRedMail on a supported Linux distribution or OpenBSD.

Re: MySQL/MariaDB 'Got an error reading communication packets'

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

We had similar issue with FreeBSD 12.x before, didn't figure out a solution yet. sad
The temporarily solution (if possible) is running iRedMail on a supported Linux distribution or OpenBSD.

OK, thanks. This is on a production server and it’s not feasible for me to migrate to another OS, at least not in the short term. I will check on some FreeBSD forums and report back if I find a solution.