Topic: IRedMail 1.0 Roundcube 1.4.1 Issue

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.0
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Update from 0.9.9
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

IMAP Error: Login failed for info@example.com against 127.0.0.1 from 46.80.244.221. AUTHENTICATE LOGIN: A0001
NO [AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Authentication failed. in /var/www/roundcubemail-1.4.1/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 200 (POST /mail/?_task=login&_acti
on=login)

I updated iredadmin-pro to 4.1 and afterwards iredmail to 1.0. I followed all instructions as many times before including roundcube 1.4.1. After all updates i restarted the whole server. After restart i can send and receive email thru my mail client (thunderbird), send emails using smtp auth from my servers and login to iredamin pro. However I cant login with any mail account into roundcube webinterface (see error message above, domain replaced for privacy)

I have googled but cant find anything helpful. Any idea what may cause the issue?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: IRedMail 1.0 Roundcube 1.4.1 Issue

- Which PHP version are you running? CentOS 7 ships PHP 5.3.
- Could you turn on debug mode for IMAP in Roundcube and try again? Show us the detailed debug log related to this issue.
FYI: https://docs.iredmail.org/debug.roundcubemail.html

mensmaximus wrote:

I updated iredadmin-pro to 4.1 and afterwards iredmail to 1.0.

Next time please upgrade iRedMail first, then iRedAdmin-Pro.

Thank you for your reply.

I have added the debug settings and performed a login to get the logfile information you asked for. Out of the blue the login works again. I have no idea what went wrong yesterday as I even restarted the VM two times. I changed nothing since my post. Maybe some automatic cleanup tasks run by cron have fixed the issue.

PHP is still 7.2. And regarding the iredmail update to 1.0 I have to say I would have done it otherwise if the documantation for iredadmin 4.1 (mysql) wouldn't advice different. It says you have to use iredmail 0.9.9. iredamin-pro 4.2 for ldap asks for iredmail 1.0. That why I performed the iredmail update after the iredadmin-pro update.

mensmaximus wrote:

It says you have to use iredmail 0.9.9.

Could you tell me which file/page/link/email message contain iRedMail version number? I need to fix it.