Topic: I Really Need Some Help Here/This is my first VPS and I am stuck

I have been trying to install iRedMail 0.7.0  I have very little vps knowledge but really need some help

I can get down to where I try to get  bash.iRedMail.sh...It tells me there are no files or directories

How do I fix this so I can finishing installing?

Please Help0

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: I Really Need Some Help Here/This is my first VPS and I am stuck

Try running bash iRedMail.sh instead. Without the dot between bash and iRedMail.sh. smile

Thank You so Much for you help.   I found the problem just my playing around with the commands.   I can't believe but am very greatful.

Here is what I did

I decompressed the files by using tar xvjf iRedMail-0.7.0-beta1

When I got to change directory they had the command as this:   /path/to/iRedMail-x.y.z/
I used cd /iRedMail-0.7.0-beta1   and it worked fine

I was then able to get bash iRedMail.sh to work...

Thank YOu to everyone whom has tried to help me.   I am soooooo happy and I am learning a lot!

Now one more questions.  Do I need to set up a revers DNS for this to wrok properly?

Thanks Again I really appreciate your time

It's not required but it is recommended.

One more little question.  The welcome page seems to be not responding on my vps.  I highlight the yes and click but it does nothing at all.  Just sits there.  Why?

One more little question.  The welcome page seems to be not responding on my vps.  I highlight the yes and click but it does nothing at all.  Just sits there.  Why?

mymoney26 wrote:

Which ssh client do you use to login to VPS remotely?

SecureCRT doesn't support 'dialog' user interface well, so please try 'putty' instead.

When I log into putty and put my server ID in I get ssh....So how do I switch to putty without using vps control panel...Thank You

The control panel where I upload into my vps is SolusVM is this considered SecureCRT?   Thank You, Again

Ok those are resolved.  I finally got it to work through putty.   Now I tried to remove the configiration as directed
[root@server iRedMail-0.7.0-beta1]#  /iRedMail-0.7.0-beta1/config
-bash: /iRedMail-0.7.0-beta1/config: Permission denied
[root@server iRedMail-0.7.0-beta1]#

I also tried to read the tips and get permission denied again.  Now what?  Thank You