Topic: LegacyExchangeDN / X.500

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi - i have been using iRedMail for a few years now and am very happy with it. I have some of my email accounts hosted on my iRedMail server, and others hosted on Office 365. I recently moved my contacts over from one of my Office 365 accounts into one of my accounts on my iRedMail server and have been running into some issues. I have been thinking that the issue is an Outlook related issue (that's my primary email client) but now i am thinking that it might have something to do with the way that the data was imported into the new server.

Any emails i send (or calendar invites) to contacts of mine who i moved over, and who are hosted on one of the other domains where i have accounts currently residing on office 365 do not send out. This issue does not occur when sending an email to other people on these other domains from my iRedMail accounts - only to people who were in my address book.

For example, if i send an invitation to someone on the old domain, i enter their email address in outlook but when the email is stuck in the outbox this is what is listed as the To address:

/O=CONTOSO/OU=EXCHANGE ADMINISTRATIV GROUP (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX)/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=UserName

I am able to send the invitations out from the SOGO web portal, so i am thinking that there is this X.500 address imported into iRedMail but not used, but Outlook is still finding it and using it.

Please let me know what you think when you have a chance? I would love to remove these entries in the address book if possible.

Thanks.

BK

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: LegacyExchangeDN / X.500

briankoffler wrote:

For example, if i send an invitation to someone on the old domain, i enter their email address in outlook but when the email is stuck in the outbox this is what is listed as the To address:
/O=CONTOSO/OU=EXCHANGE ADMINISTRATIV GROUP (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX)/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=UserName

It seems an Outlook issue. Is it possible that caused by Outlook local data cache?

I turned off Cached Exchange Mode on both of my 365 accounts and i also reduced off-line mail to the minimum for my iRedMail accounts. I have cleared the autocomplete list multiple times and have also cleared the entire RoamCache folder multime times as well. Nothing seems to be resolving the issue.

No idea at all. Is it possible to get support from Outlook/Office365?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

No idea at all. Is it possible to get support from Outlook/Office365?

They say they don't know either - i even completly erased Outlook and reinstalled it from scratch and there was no change. I believe strongly that there is something saved somewhere in the iRedMail server that came over when i moved things over from my old Exchange Server. Is there any way to search my iRedMail contacts to see what other info might have come over that isn't showing up on the main interfaces? Hidden files of data which may have come over?

Again, the issue only arises when i am using outlook. If i send email or invitations from the SOGo web portal there is no issue.

briankoffler wrote:

Is there any way to search my iRedMail contacts to see what other info might have come over that isn't showing up on the main interfaces?

I'm not aware of such things. sad
btw, Does this issue happen if you setup a same Outlook account on a NEW laptop/workstation machine?

Back to your first post in this thread:

I recently moved my contacts over from one of my Office 365 accounts into one of my accounts on my iRedMail server and have been running into some issues.

How did you "move" the contacts?