Topic: install stops due to FQDN required in /etc/hosts
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.0
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): n/a
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): n/a
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? n/a
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
Issue: iRedMail.sh setup script immediately quits because I don't have a FQDN that it likes in /etc/hosts but I'm only deploying for my local domain which I've called "thirtynineohsix" (because ".local" is too overused). Short of registering a domain, how can I get around this?
jg3@iredmail:~/iRedMail/iRedMail-1.0$ sudo bash iRedMail.sh [sudo] password for jg3: << ERROR >> Please configure a fully qualified domain name (FQDN) in /etc/hosts before we go further. Example: 127.0.0.1 mail.iredmail.org mail localhost jg3@iredmail:~/iRedMail/iRedMail-1.0$
jg3@iredmail:~/iRedMail/iRedMail-1.0$ cat /etc/hosts 127.0.0.1 mx.thirtyninohsix mx localhost.localdomain localhost ::1 mx.thirtynineohsix mx localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6 # The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts ::1 localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback fe00::0 ip6-localnet ff02::1 ip6-allnodes ff02::2 ip6-allrouters ff02::3 ip6-allhosts jg3@iredmail:~/iRedMail/iRedMail-1.0$