Topic: Migrating from 0.8.5 (LDAP) to 0.9.8 (MySQL)

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):  0.8.5/0.9.8
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  6.0.10 / 9.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP (old server) / MySQL (new server)
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache (old server) / Nginx (new server)
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? On old server
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi

At work, we have an old iredmail with iredadmin-pro that needs to be migrated one domain at a time to the new iredmail (no iredadmin-pro). I didn't set any of the servers up, and the guy who installed them is no longer here.
Why the decision was to move from LDAP to MySQL is beyond me, my task is to move the domains one by one over to the new one.

I've read posts about migrating from LDAP to MySQL, which are not explanatory at all, besides that one needs to write a script to do so, and know MySQL column equivalents of the LDAP fields; I do not do that.
Even worse, this is not just an LDAP to MySQL migration, but also an iRedMail version migration.

What I have managed to do, is make the same domain on the new server and a new user there. That one can send mails, they're signed and secure. What would I do, in steps, to move the users of the same domain over to the new server?

Thanks in advance.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Migrating from 0.8.5 (LDAP) to 0.9.8 (MySQL)

Here's an easy way (but not the only way) for your consideration:

1) Simply create users with the scripts shipped in iRedMail installer (e.g. iRedMail-0.9.8/tools/create_mail_user_*).
2) Copy the password hash from old server to new server.
3) Create Dovecot master user on both old + new servers. FYI: https://docs.iredmail.org/dovecot.master.user.html
4) Download and run "imapsync" to sync mailboxes for migrated mailboxes. Note: If you keep same maildir path in step 1, you can also copy the mailboxes from old server to the new one with "scp" or "rsync" directly, just make sure copied mailboxes are owned by user/group "vmail:vmail" with permission 0700.

We offer paid migration support, contact us if you need assistance. smile
https://www.iredmail.org/contact.html