==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.3
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL/MariaDB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
====

I have a 0.9.3 server that is needing upgrade. It was installed with oddball LAMP packages I want to clean it up. I'd like to install a fresh CentOS 7.x server and iRedMail 1.0 and migrate all of the data over. I don't know how possible that is.

Would I need to upgrade the 0.9.3 to 1.0 first so all of the db structures are correct and then migrate? Or is there an imap migration method where the emails, calendars and address books will export out of 0.9.3 and into 1.0?

I'm also intrigued by the docker idea. I have multiple services running on the server (iRedmail, SOGo, Owncloud) and running in containers would eliminate any issues with dependency conflicts in python and similar.

Thanks!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Migrating 0.9.3 install to a new, freshly installed 1.0 server

echo5 wrote:

Would I need to upgrade the 0.9.3 to 1.0 first so all of the db structures are correct and then migrate? Or is there an imap migration method where the emails, calendars and address books will export out of 0.9.3 and into 1.0?

Upgrading from 0.9.3 (to 0.9.4, to 0.9.5, ...) to 1.0 first is recommended.

echo5 wrote:

I'm also intrigued by the docker idea. I have multiple services running on the server (iRedmail, SOGo, Owncloud) and running in containers would eliminate any issues with dependency conflicts in python and similar.

We're working on it, it just takes some time.