Topic: Lost my existing database

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version: 1.1 MARIADB edition
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu18.04.4 LTS (Bionic Beaver)
- Store mail accounts in which backend: MySQL
- Web server: Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue : I can't access /var/log/iredapd (where I believe logs are located)
====

So. I made a reaaaalllyyy bad mistake.

I  installed iRedMail on my linux server not knowing exactly what would happen.
During installation, I selected MySQL thinking that iRedMail would create a table on my already existing MySQL database.

And now, after installation, I have no idea how to access my database. It looks like it was deleted. After I managed to login on mysql terminal as root and check the existing users, I saw that my original user wasn't there anymore, but only "root" and "localhost". Also, I see that MariaDB was installed (on top of the 'before existing' MySQL server, I believe).

I got months of data in that database. And I know I was extremely dumb to have not read the warning section of the tutorial (https://www.linuxbabe.com/mail-server/u … ail-server). And I am even more dumb for not having a backup of my much precious database.

Please, don't crucify me. I'm a poor young beginner dev managing his own web server to make ends meet more easily and I've been feeling sorry for myself and trying to search for a solution for the last 7 hours. I even tried contacting my server provider to check with them if they have any recent snapshot of my server. Well, they don't have.

Buuut, I learned my lesson. Backups save headaches.

Now, please, pretty please, please please please: my database was really deleted? iRedAdmin doesn't make a backup of that by any chance? There's any way to have it back on my arms?

You guys are my last hope. Help me please, if you can. More than a year of data it's on that database.

Thanks for reading so far.

Help me if you can, please. I beg you.
José Paulo Oliveira Filho from Brazil

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Lost my existing database

The databases are typically stored under /var/lib/mysql
Have a look if you can find it in there

Re: Lost my existing database

MuPp3t33r wrote:

The databases are typically stored under /var/lib/mysql
Have a look if you can find it in there

Dude.. thank you. You saved me. May God richly bless you, for He blessed me through you.