Topic: Upgrade iRedAdmin-PRO uWSGI issue
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.0
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?: neither, manual
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: FreeBSD 11.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL 8.0.18
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx 1.16
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
The upgrade of iRedAdmin-PRO MySWL is giving me problems ever since v.3.0. The primary issue is my case is that I cannot make the iredadmin service work for me. In my setup I use uWSGI instead.
This is the upgrade console of my upgrade from v.3.8 to v.4.2:
* Detected Linux/BSD distribution: FREEBSD
* HTTP server root: /opt/www
* Found iRedAdmin directory: /opt/www/iredadmin, symbol link of iRedAdmin-Pro-SQL-3.8
* Found iRedAdmin config file: /opt/www/iredadmin/settings.py
* Copying new version to /opt/www/iRedAdmin-Pro-SQL-4.2
* Copy /opt/www/iredadmin/settings.py.
* Removing old symbol link /opt/www/iredadmin
* Creating symbol link /opt/www/iredadmin to /opt/www/iRedAdmin-Pro-SQL-4.2
* Delete all existing sessions to force all admins to re-login.
* Enable mlmmj integration.
* Restarting service: mlmmjadmin.
[uWSGI] getting INI configuration from /opt/mlmmjadmin/rc_scripts/uwsgi/freebsd.ini
* Check and install dependent Python modules:
+ [required] json or simplejson
+ [required] dnspython
+ [required] pycurl
+ [required] requests
* Check SQL tables, and add missed ones - if there's any
* Clean up.
* iRedAdmin has been successfully upgraded.
* Restarting uwsgi service.
Processing uwsgi profile: iredadmin
Waiting for PIDS: 38447.
realpath() of /usr/local/etc/uwsgi/iredadmin.ini failed: No such file or directory [core/utils.c line 3654]
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/uwsgi: WARNING: failed to start uwsgi
* Enable service: iredadmin
iredadmin_enable: YES -> YES
iredadmin is already stopped.
[uWSGI] getting INI configuration from /opt/www/iredadmin/rc_scripts/uwsgi/freebsd.ini
* Upgrading completed.
<<< NOTE >>> If iRedAdmin doesn't work as expected, please post your issue in
<<< NOTE >>> our online support forum: http://www.iredmail.org/forum/
The script removes the uWSGI iredadmin.ini file from /usr/local/etc/uwsgi which causes the uWSGI to fail on start-up.
I am basically (still) confused as to uWSGI has to be enabled (uwsgi_enable="YES") in order for iredadmin to work.
I have a set-up that works for me, but not as intended by design:
from my rc.conf:
uWSGI binds to port 7791. The iredadmin service wants to do the same, which of course fails. But it works for me...