Topic: allow send from any sender

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
hello

i installed iredmail on my centos 7 server and everything is working fine , but i want to be able to send email from any email not just the ones in my domain (like my gmail as well) , is there a way to do so ? i get this error :

Recipient address rejected: Sender is not same as SMTP authenticate username

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: allow send from any sender

- Would you mind sharing why you need to send as any other address?
- You can disable iRedAPD plugin "reject_sender_login_mismatch" in /opt/iredapd/settings.py and try again.

disabling reject_sender_login_mismatch works , thank you very much smile

i have another question , is it possible to install iredmail "automatically" , like without having to manually click on yes yes continue answer password ... is it possible to like send all parameters at the start? like here is the domain here is the pass and use postgress ...

cheers

charmota wrote:

i have another question , is it possible to install iredmail "automatically" , like without having to manually click on yes yes continue answer password ... is it possible to like send all parameters at the start? like here is the domain here is the pass and use postgress ...

Sure. FYI: https://docs.iredmail.org/unattended.ir … ation.html
I use this method to rebuild iRedMail VM locally on my laptop for daily testing.

Hello

i've been playig around with "Perform silent/unattended iRedMail installation" , it works great but i have a question , everytime i re-make an installation i have to make changes to /etc/postfix/main.cf and /etc/postfix/master.cf , is it possible to have a pre-set of those files to be installed automatically as well ??

cheers

bump

replace your files with the templates at iRedMail-1.2.1/samples/postfix

charmota wrote:

everytime i re-make an installation i have to make changes to /etc/postfix/main.cf and /etc/postfix/master.cf

What changes?

iRedMail installer is not designed to load and apply your custom changes during installation. It should be easy for you to write a shell script to apply all other custom settings automatically.

9 (edited by charmota 2020-06-03 01:20:14)

i'm trying to implement the Completely disable all features from this

https://docs.iredmail.org/completely.di … assin.html

i need to comment out content_filter from /etc/postfix/main.cf and -o content_filter from /etc/postfix/master.cf

EDIT :

key i made it work with
sed -i '/content_filter/s/^/#/g' /etc/postfix/main.cf

thank you for your time

Hello

is it possible to set a custon return-path when sending mail ? i set a return path in the header of my email but iredmail just ignored it and replaced it with what i have in FROM field

cheers

You can try "message_drop_headers" in Postfix main.cf. FYI:
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html# … op_headers

Note: it requires Postfix 3.0.

How can i upgrade to postfix 3.0  ?