Topic: Suggestion: Use Rspamd instead of Amavisd/ Spamassassin

Hi,

I like to suggest to move away from Amavisd and Spamassassin and use Rspamd instead for iRedMail.

Reason: It is a well supported software (much better than Amavisd), has a lot of needed features (like DMARC and ARC) and has a much better spam dedication rate out of the box.

It would improve iRedMail a lot and also make it future-proof.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Suggestion: Use Rspamd instead of Amavisd/ Spamassassin

hi @hws,

rspamd is on my rador, we still need some time to make the move, but don't expect it soon.
Are you running rspamd on production server yourself?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

hi @hws,

rspamd is on my rador, we still need some time to make the move, but don't expect it soon.
Are you running rspamd on production server yourself?

Hi ZhangHuangbin,

Are you still planning to move to rspamd ? I am really interested in it!

We would love to see rspamd in iRedMail.
+1 for this feature.

+1 for this feature.

Anyone wants to take the chance and share the step-by-step tutorial? PR is welcome too. smile

After rspamd integrated in iRedMail, we still need to update iRedAdmin-Pro, a lot more work than integrating it in iRedMail.

At the current time is running Amavisd/Spamassassin still recommended or is rspamd going to be replacing those solutions?

we still use Amavisd + SpamAssassin + ClamAV in iRedMail.

9 (edited by mike175de 2023-08-07 22:19:04)

Any plans to switch to Rspamd in the near future? As the last post is from last year?

I had (prior to my iRedmail installation on another machine) good experiences with Rspamd. Much better Spam-detection.

Greets

Anyone wants to step in and share the step-by-step tutorial? PR is welcome too.
After rspamd integrated in iRedMail, we still need to update iRedAdmin-Pro, a lot more work than integrating it in iRedMail.

Any thoughts on this, at some point in 2024?

rspamd integration is welcome. But we need the full integration, not just install rspamd and enable / implement one feature.

Enable all possible features/modules/plugins, to fully replace amavisd + spamassassin.