1 (edited by Ice-Cue 2020-04-23 05:18:04)

Topic: 502 Bad Gateway / PHP / fpm.sock missing

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hello everyone.
I hope you can help me figuring out whats the problem in my setup is.

so i installed on a fresh ubuntu 18.04 system with the installer the iredmail packed. Inkluding the nginx and php 7.2.

After finishing the install in the folder /run/php was the fpm.sock file for the PHP.

after rebooting the system the file disapeared an now if i wanna create a subdomain like test.xxx.de i get an 502 Bad Gateway error. the the logfile from Nginx you can see the missing sock file. how can i get this one back?

2020/04/22 21:06:46 [crit] 3998#3998: *8 connect() to unix:/run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream, client: 80.xxx.xxx.158, server: test.ice-cue.de, request: "GET / HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock:", host: "test.xxxx.de"

i am really happy if someone knows the issue an can help me out.

thanks alot and sorry for my really bad technical english xD

i solved the issue by researching the Board. https://forum.iredmail.org/post73502.html#p73502

still thx.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: 502 Bad Gateway / PHP / fpm.sock missing

Ubuntu 18.04 ships php-7.2, not sure why your Nginx is trying to access php7.0 socket.
Please search all files under /etc/nginx/ to figure out which file is using incorrect php-fpm socket path:

cd /etc/nginx/
grep -r 'php7.0-fpm.sock' *

Re: 502 Bad Gateway / PHP / fpm.sock missing

Hello,

I figure out the error. it was an wrong entry in my vhost for a subdomain.

thx :-)

can be closed