Topic: Client host rejected: Generic - Please relay via ISP...

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):      2020041601
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? WebEasy
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04. LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mariaDB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi,
2 of my customers can't receive emails, if the sender is with a specific hoster. The error message in the mail log is:

Apr 27 08:01:37 mail postfix/smtpd[53348]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from dd10130.kasserver.com[85.13.133.10]: 554 5.7.1 <dd10130.kasserver.com[85.13.133.10]>: Client host rejected: Generic - Please relay via ISP (kasserver.com); from=<mail@paed-perspektiven.de> to=<winkler@some.domain.de> proto=ESMTP helo=<dd10130.kasserver.com>

What can cause this and is there something I can do in iRedMail about it?

Greetings,
Peter

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Client host rejected: Generic - Please relay via ISP...

p.schumacher wrote:

2 of my customers can't receive emails, if the sender is with a specific hoster. The error message in the mail log is:

Receiving email is either POP3 or IMAP, it doesn't go through Postfix (SMTP server).
If this user is actually sending email, then this error means he/she doesn't enable SMTP authentication in his/her MUA. Please ask him/her to enable it, then this issue will be gone automatically.

By the way, for servers deployed with iRedMail Easy platform, better get support via the ticket system after login: https://easy.iredmail.org/

Thank you, I'll send them a friendly note. smile

Greetings,
Peter