1 (edited by UnsavouryIndividual 2020-05-05 10:22:28)

Topic: Troubleshoot installation - Apache won't start, too many redirects

1.2.1 MARIADB edition
Installed with these instructions: https://www.linuxbabe.com/mail-server/u … ail-server
Ubuntu 18.04.4
MariaDB
I chose Nginx, but the installer used my apache installation
No

Hi,
I'm flying in the dark, so excuse my ignorance.
Installing iRedMail has conflicted with my Apache installation somehow, resulting in Apache not running and a "Too many redirects" error on my top-level domain and the mail subdomain.
What I assume is happening here is a conflict over port 80 or iRedMail's own ssl cert.

Can someone help me troubleshoot this?
PuTTy cuts off long lines and outputs funny characters into a file, but I believe this is the pertinent info from Apache's log file:

May 05 09:50:14 YK5wicdcZT apachectl[2780]: AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 111.90.150.220. Set the 'Serve
May 05 09:50:14 YK5wicdcZT apachectl[2780]: (98)Address already in use: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:80
May 05 09:50:14 YK5wicdcZT apachectl[2780]: (98)Address already in use: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
May 05 09:50:14 YK5wicdcZT apachectl[2780]: no listening sockets available, shutting down
May 05 09:50:14 YK5wicdcZT apachectl[2780]: AH00015: Unable to open logs
May 05 09:50:14 YK5wicdcZT apachectl[2780]: Action 'start' failed.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Troubleshoot installation - Apache won't start, too many redirects

the problem here is that you had apache installed to begin with.
When I setup my OS I normally just do the standard system tools and ssh server. uncheck other items such as web server from the installation, then rerun the setup.

You could try "apt remove apache2 && apt install nginx"
But it's possible you might get other errors, so probably better just to re-do the whole server again

Re: Troubleshoot installation - Apache won't start, too many redirects

Please always use the official installation tutorials:
https://docs.iredmail.org/#install

Check the "Requirements" section carefully. Here's the quote:

iRedMail is designed to be deployed on a FRESH server system, which means your server does NOT have mail related components installed, e.g. MySQL, OpenLDAP, Postfix, Dovecot, Amavisd, etc. iRedMail will install and configure them for you automatically. Otherwise it may override your existing files/configurations although it will backup files before modifying, and it may not be working as expected.