Topic: How to completely disable antivirus and spam things?

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.2.1
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Installer, seems like that.
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 20.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MariaDB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
Hi guys. First of all I wanna thank your for the product. You're lords!
But there is an issue. Antivirus and spam things took a lot of RAM. I have 1 GB RAM and they take 700-800MB. It's too much for my VPS. I tried to disable but failed. For example I used this guide:
https://docs.iredmail.org/completely.di … assin.html
Completely disable all features - that's what I want! I comment

#content_filter = smtp-amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024
#-o content_filter=smtp-amavis:[127.0.0.1]:1002

There was no line receive_override_options = no_address_mappings  # <- it's ok if you don't have this line
So. Next you say...
Restarting Postfix service is required.
Disable network services: Amavisd, ClamAV.

Okay, restarting Postfix service is easy - systemctl restart postfix
But how to disable network services Amavisd and ClamAV? How? Any commands please? I realoded the server but after the realod your program was still taking 700MB of RAM... Please write commands how to stop network services. I hope I restart Posxfix right.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to completely disable antivirus and spam things?

And yeah guys, it would also be good if your give a choice in your script or to install these things like antivirus and spam or not... Thanks for your time!

Okay I found out some things...
systemctl stop amavis
systemctl stop amavis-mc

systemctl stop clamav-daemon
systemctl stop clamav-freshclam

The last 2 active after rebooting hmm
But okay, when I disable the last 2, the problem is that the man I send these mails doesn't get them. When I start clamav, then he gets my mails. What's wrong guys?

danonanon wrote:

systemctl stop amavis

"systemctl stop" is used to stop a service immediately, you need "systemctl disable" to disable the service.

danonanon wrote:

But okay, when I disable the last 2, the problem is that the man I send these mails doesn't get them. When I start clamav, then he gets my mails. What's wrong guys?

If you sent these emails BEFORE disabling amavisd, then Postfix has the content_filter related settings in queued email. But for new emails you sent AFTER disabled amavisd, it should be fine.