Topic: Free BSD 12.1 install Issues

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): iRedMail 1.2.1
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  FreeBSD 12.1- RELEASE
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  PGSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No.
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I have been running into several issues Installing iRedMail.
   -  Durring the install I keep getting warnings that Python 2.7 has been EOL'ed upstream, and that I should re-consider installing it.  This is not a show stopper but it does make me wonder if iRedMail will be updated to use a current version of Python.  Using the older version will prevent installation of bind-tools and likely other basic tools that require current versions of python.
   -  Install errors out when installing Netdata.   It Reports  that Port is listed as broken in the ports collections, and it will not install.   I am currently trying the install again with out the Netdata option.  We will see if that fixes it.

Any Additional information would be appreciated.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Free BSD 12.1 install Issues

roguenad2000 wrote:

-  Durring the install I keep getting warnings that Python 2.7 has been EOL'ed upstream, and that I should re-consider installing it.  This is not a show stopper but it does make me wonder if iRedMail will be updated to use a current version of Python.  Using the older version will prevent installation of bind-tools and likely other basic tools that require current versions of python.

- mlmmjadmin and iRedAPD have been ported to PY3, but we need some more testing.
- iRedAdmin-Pro is not yet ported, will start soon after few more releases and mlmmjadmin+iredapd are stable with py3.

roguenad2000 wrote:

-  Install errors out when installing Netdata.   It Reports  that Port is listed as broken in the ports collections, and it will not install.   I am currently trying the install again with out the Netdata option.  We will see if that fixes it.

Try to report this issue to the port maintainer.

I was finally able to get it to install buy turning off the NetData option.  And that is ok since I wasn't doing email stats anyway.

Now though I find that it is very very slow.  the Login for the RoundCube interface take more  than 10 minutes to come up, if it doesn't just stop at the roundcube back ground.  The iredadmin interface is almost as slow getting to the login, and sluggish but usable once you get in.   Also access via  imap is very slow, taking several minutes to open any email that you have.

I had an older version of iRedMail 0.9x? that I was using and it was much faster.  I wish that computer hadn't died...

The slowness is not expected at all. Did you get any error in log files under /var/log/? Like slow DNS queries, etc. do you use a slow DNS server in /etc/resolv.conf?