Topic: Lost Roundcube a few months ago after "sudo apt-get dist-upgrade"

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.5-1
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Don't remember (5 years ago)
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Installed on 16 LTS, currently on 18.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Not at the moment
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi fellows.

After a successful 16 to 18.04 LTS (with 20.04 in mind, eventually) upgrade, I saw that a few packages were held back with apt-get update/upgrade. Everything worked up until this point. Then, to attain an up-to-date system, I did a "sudo apt-get dist-upgrade", and didn't think more of it - until a week or so later when I realised that I in fact lost a functional roundcube.

- The mail works (mail clients on pc and phone)
- The attached text file is copied from the web browser on the URL the roundcube login screen would normally be accessed.

I do not expect to get a full recipe of a solution, but would be very glad to be pointed to the right direction. What are my next logical steps to mend this and restore the webmail functionality? I really can't afford to loose the emails. As a last resort, I suppose I could transfer all emails to local folder on my ubuntu pc, and then transfer them to a new server. As you understand, that is really a last resort.

Any pointers, routes-of-analysis, step-lists or similar are more than welcome!

thank you ever so much / Erik

Post's attachments

Roundcube-dump-ErikGoesUbuntu.txt 8.42 kb, 4 downloads since 2020-05-24 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Lost Roundcube a few months ago after "sudo apt-get dist-upgrade"

You need to update listen address in php-fpm pool config (/etc/php/7.x/fpm/pool.d/www.conf):

listen = 127.0.0.1:9999

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You need to update listen address in php-fpm pool config (/etc/php/7.x/fpm/pool.d/www.conf):

listen = 127.0.0.1:9999

Thank you for the suggestion Zhang. I've been slow to reply, as I have struggled to find any variations of "fpm" and "pool.d" on my linux system, let alone under /etc/php.

- I've got /etc/php/ 7.0 and 7.2, the subfolders in each are apache2, cli, and mods-available. no fpm.
- The same subfolders under /etc/php5

Is my php version outdated? It was installed 2016 from the then current iredmail tutorial, and I haven't installed or used PHP for anything else. Is the listen-setting best done elsewhere, or do I have to re-install (which version of) php?

Apache2 points to /opt/roundcubemail, which contains the index.php as per normal.

I'll buy you a coffee!

So you're running Apache. Please enable php support in Apache and restart apache service.

a2enmod php
service apache2 restart

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

So you're running Apache. Please enable php support in Apache and restart apache service.

a2enmod php
service apache2 restart

I'm flagging this as the solution, everything worked (installed and enabled PHP 7.2, so the command was explicitly a2enmod php7.2)

Thank you Zhang!