1 (edited by sergraz 2020-06-06 11:43:59)

Topic: [SOLVE]Can send email but not receive from outside for some accoutns.

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): .1.0
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
Hello.

So I have a server with 4 domains, the main domain mail.x.com can send and receive emails.

The other three and new ones that I create can't, can send but nor receive.

I have check the MX and is correct. Check it with dig.
I followed this tutorial https://www.linuxbabe.com/mail-server/u … il-server.

I have check the log and there is no errors.

The gmail and outlook mails dont return error mails.

All my ports are open, including 25.

I recently updated some linux packages with command sudo apt upgrade and changed the roundcube file size from 15 to 15mb.

No ip table bans.
No white or grey or black list.
Firewall is disabled.

Any ideas how can I debug this problem?

Thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: [SOLVE]Can send email but not receive from outside for some accoutns.

When you send from Gmail/Outlook, any related log in Postfix log file (/var/log/maillog) on your server?

3 (edited by sergraz 2020-06-06 11:45:38)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

When you send from Gmail/Outlook, any related log in Postfix log file (/var/log/maillog) on your server?

To my surprise, I had send test email from outlook and gmail since yesterday and just now I got this.

This is from outlook.

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

contacto@x.mx (contacto@x.mx)
Your message wasn't delivered. Despite repeated attempts to deliver your message, the recipient's email system refused to accept a connection from your email system.

Contact the recipient by some other means (by phone, for example) and ask them to tell their email admin that it appears that their email system is refusing connections from your email server. Give them the error details shown below. It's likely that the recipient's email admin is the only one who can fix this problem.

For Email Admins
No connection could be made because the target computer actively refused it. This usually results from trying to connect to a service that is inactive on the remote host - that is, one with no server application running. For more information and tips to fix this issue see this article: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=389361

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: BN8NAM11HT051.mail.protection.outlook.com
Receiving server: BN8NAM11HT051.eop-nam11.prod.protection.outlook.com
contacto@ballgame.mx
6/6/2020 2:52:14 AM - Server at BN8NAM11HT051.eop-nam11.prod.protection.outlook.com returned '550 5.4.316 Message expired, connection refused(Socket error code 10061)'
6/6/2020 2:42:00 AM - Server at x.mx (xx.xxx.xxx.254) returned '450 4.4.316 Connection refused [Message=Socket error code 10061] [LastAttemptedServerName=x.mx] [LastAttemptedIP=xxx.xxx.xxx.254:25] [DM6NAM11FT030.eop-nam11.prod.protection.outlook.com](Socket error code 10061)'

Original message headers:

I check the status of all my services and they say ACTIVE.

I have atached part of my log file, 4,5 and 6 of june.

4 (edited by sergraz 2020-06-06 11:42:38)

I think I have a clue.

So the server xx.xxx.xxx.254 is my web server and my mail server is in another ip.

I had the domain in godaddy and my server in amazon. I just point to my server in godaddy and in amazon I have a dns zone catching everything.

The server gmail and outlook are trying to connect is the web server, that by the way shares with 5 other domains and web pages...

So I think I need to do something with the DNS and the MX for the ballgame.mx domain in godaddy...

SOLVE: That was it, I need it to add the MX record on godaddy to redirect traffic to my amazon server. It was fix. I need to do this with the other domains.