Topic: SMTP Error (550): Recipient address rejected: User unknown
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.2.1 MARIADB edition
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
SMTP Error (550): Failed to add recipient "firstname.lastname@example.org" (5.1.1 <email@example.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown).
We have this mailserver set up on a subdomain - mail.attractive.media - of attractive.media.
Attractive.Media TLD uses G Suite for its email, and is set to their MX records.
We would like to offer mailboxes to our customers for their own domains and as such have successfully installed iRedMail & iRedAdmin Pro on the virtual machine with hostname mail.attractive.media. We then properly set up SPF & DKIM for the mailserver. DMARC is soon to follow after full DKIM propagation.
We have configured a test client domain wolfofwellness.com to have its MX records point to our mailserver's hostname as follows:
TTL: 1800 (temporarily)
We have created a user account in iRedAdmin Pro for firstname.lastname@example.org and have successfully logged into RoundCube with that account.
Even with all this configuration, the account cannot receive email nor can it send to my email address @attractive.media.
Any idea what's going on here? We tried fix #2 as suggested here: https://forum.iredmail.org/topic9666-ir … table.html, but were unsuccessful.