1 (edited by ired_mania 2020-06-15 16:57:52)

Topic: limit number of recipients for a group of senders

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi,
Is there any way to limit number of recipients in iredmail? There is two cmd that we can limit number of recipients in postfix but I need to limit a group of users not all of them.
second, does below cmd work corectly?
smtpd_recipient_limit
smtpd_recipient_overshoot_limit

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: limit number of recipients for a group of senders

Do i understand correctly that you want to limit few users, and each mail sent by these users can have only limited recipients? This could be done by writing a simple iRedAPD plugin, but i'm not aware of any Postfix parameter for this.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Do i understand correctly that you want to limit few users, and each mail sent by these users can have only limited recipients? This could be done by writing a simple iRedAPD plugin, but i'm not aware of any Postfix parameter for this.

yes, I need to limit just a group of users not all of them.  can I write that script by my own?

4 (edited by ired_mania 2020-06-22 16:34:57)

Hi,
there is throttling rule per user in  iredadmin-pro v3.9 . Is it work per user? Can I set custom number for a user in "Number of max outbound emails" to limit number of send mail per e-mail?

It's possible to improve existing "throttle" plugin to limit recipients per message:
https://github.com/iredmail/iRedAPD/blo … hrottle.py

- SQL table "iredapd.throttle" should add a new column to store this limit.
- plugin should query the limit from SQL db and apply the limit.

Would you like to try it yourself with Python 3? Or, would you like to financially sponsor us to make it happen?

before that, I want to know about per-user throttling in iredadmin-pro. Does it work?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

It's possible to improve existing "throttle" plugin to limit recipients per message:
https://github.com/iredmail/iRedAPD/blo … hrottle.py

- SQL table "iredapd.throttle" should add a new column to store this limit.
- plugin should query the limit from SQL db and apply the limit.

Would you like to try it yourself with Python 3? Or, would you like to financially sponsor us to make it happen?

ired_mania wrote:

before that, I want to know about per-user throttling in iredadmin-pro. Does it work?

Yes it works. But it doesn't limit the number of recipients per message.