Topic: Provide access to users to reset password

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer: Downoad Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubunti 18
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): Mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? NO
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

What can i provide users to reset their emails account password at thier own, If i provide the roundcube then most of the users can login the webmail to verify the mails, and i think it will increase the connections and consume server resources.

Please suggest also your views on giving users to access webmail.

Thank you..

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

2 (edited by hits 2020-06-16 15:14:57)

Re: Provide access to users to reset password

Hi,

Not understood what you said..used google translate also but still.. smile

Hi Hits

Roundcube is relatively lightweight, as long as you are not overloading your server already then it shouldn't be a problem to have users login and change their own password.

If you are looking for a "Forgot my password" type of reset, then there was one that was developed a decade ago, so no idea if it works in current roundcube, but I suppose you could always try it out and see if it's workable. My suggestion would be to test it not on your production server, make sure you can reliably reproduce the setup before putting it on your live server
https://github.com/saas-dev/roundcube-forgot_password

hits wrote:

Hi,

Not understood what you said..used google translate also but still.. smile

It's spammer.