Topic: Directly importing vmail/vmail1 mailboxes backup
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.2.1 MARIADB edition
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?: Downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?: Nope
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
Hi guys! I'm recurring to you again now for something I couldn't find in other places:
This is about backing up the vmail folder, reinstalling iRedMail, receiving a couple of emails and restoring the vmail folder.
1- I had a iRedMail installation with Roundcube
2- I backed up the vmail/vmail1 folder using rsync
3- I wiped my VPS and made a fresh install of iRedMail, now without Roundcube but with SOGo
4- I created all my original mailboxes again and even used one for some emails yesterday
5- Today I backed up my current vmail/vmail1 folder just in case
6- Then restored the original vmail/vmail1 folder withou using the "--delete" option in rsync
7- Made dovecot recalculate mailbox quota
8- Accesed my email through SOGo... but... it was just as yesterday, no old emails visible, just the new ones (from step 4)
9- And yes, I checked the ownerwhip and permissions in the restored vmail/vmail1 folder
10- I got scared and restored my backup from my 5th step with the "---delete" option to go back in time and come ask for guidance here
So I have all my old emails (around 2GB of work emails, so yes, this is kind of important for me) in a vmail/vmail1 backup folder, but I don't know how to import them to my current iRedMail installation.
Thanks in advance!