Topic: mail relay - not working as I expected
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.2.1
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? download
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: ubuntu 18.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
We have an antispam/virus mail gateway server and want to relay all mail through it before it hits the inbox of a user - so email sent internally and outside email. In the domain settings, under relay, I tried both:
I then sent an email to a user in domain.com and it was delivered to their mailbox right away instead of going out of the system to the antispam/virus scanner.
The only way I have gotten this to work is to have a second server setup for domain.com and set the "Relay received email to" to:
Then the antispam server scans the email and delivers it to the real incoming server for domain.com.
Am I missing something?