1 (edited by mike175de 2020-07-10 03:24:33)

Topic: [Closed] Upgrading to 1.3.1 via 1.3 from 1.2.1 error and fail2ban

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): before upgrading 1.2.1
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Buster
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hey there,
I am upgrading from 1.2.1 to 1.3.1 via 1.3 and I have tone error an done question regarding fail2ban:

fail2ban:
As mentioned in the upgrade instruction of 1.2 it is optional to change fail2ban in that way that it is using MySQL as database. So I skipped that part of the upgrade of 1.2 when I upgraded my machine a few month ago. In 1.2.1 I read that I should expand the database to store more log entries in the database when I upgrade to 1.3.

So my question is, should I change fail2ban to use the database instead of the standard config as mentioned in the instructions for upgrading to 1.2 (which I skipped) or can I stay the way it is without any further problems in the future?

error:
I finished the upgrade to 1.3 (without the fail2ban part, plz see above). Then I did all the necessary parts of the 1.3.1 upgrade but get stucked at this part:
Fixed: update Fail2ban filter rules to match new error log produced by latest Roundcube
When I do

wget -O roundcube.iredmail.conf https://raw.githubusercontent.com/iredm … Mail/1.3.1

I receive the error: Connecting to raw.githubusercontent.com (raw.githubusercontent.com)|151.101.112.133|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 400 Bad Request
2020-07-09 15:17:48 ERROR 400: Bad Request

which indicates that the file is not available for downloading.

Any help is appreciated, mike

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: [Closed] Upgrading to 1.3.1 via 1.3 from 1.2.1 error and fail2ban

mike175de wrote:

So my question is, should I change fail2ban to use the database instead of the standard config as mentioned in the instructions for upgrading to 1.2 (which I skipped) or can I stay the way it is without any further problems in the future?

You can skip this part since you already skipped it while upgrading to 1.3.

mike175de wrote:

When I do

wget -O roundcube.iredmail.conf https://raw.githubusercontent.com/iredm … Mail/1.3.1

You didn't copy the full URL. It's:

wget -O roundcube.iredmail.conf https://raw.githubusercontent.com/iredmail/iRedMail/1.3.1/samples/fail2ban/filter.d/roundcube.iredmail.conf

Thx for your very fast reply. I appreciate that al lot!

Oh, my fault: I haven't seen that I didn't copy the whole URL. Sorry for that.

But another question with fail2ban:

Do you recommend to use the database for future upgrades or will there always be the possibility to use fail2ban within iRedMail using the "standard way"?
Just asking to be future save.

Greets

mike175de wrote:

Do you recommend to use the database for future upgrades or will there always be the possibility to use fail2ban within iRedMail using the "standard way"?

The DB thing is optional, if you don't have iRedAdmin-Pro, then it's probably useless to you.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
mike175de wrote:

The DB thing is optional, if you don't have iRedAdmin-Pro, then it's probably useless to you.

Thx a lot. Then I will stay with my working installation without db.

Greets