1

Topic: Issue with filters in mailboxes

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.2.1 MARIADB edition.
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS Linux release 8.2.2004 (Core)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? iRedAdmin-Pro    4.3 (MySQL)
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Our users is having issues with the mailboxes. We found the filters doesnt have the option to move messages to a folder. Some users had this kind of filters. In the sogo forum, talked about the sogosieveserver: https://sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=3512
https://sogo.nu/files/docs/SOGoInstalla … figuration
But that parameter we see normal:
cat /etc/sogo/sogo.conf | grep SOGoSieveServer
    SOGoSieveServer = "sieve://127.0.0.1:4190/?tls=YES";

How can reactivate that option in the webmail's filter? The previously filters that were created are still working?

2

Re: Issue with filters in mailboxes

alexandercolhost wrote:

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.2.1 MARIADB edition.
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS Linux release 8.2.2004 (Core)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? iRedAdmin-Pro    4.3 (MySQL)
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Our users is having issues with the mailboxes. We found the filters doesnt have the option to move messages to a folder. Some users had this kind of filters. In the sogo forum, talked about the sogosieveserver: https://sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=3512
https://sogo.nu/files/docs/SOGoInstalla … figuration
But that parameter we see normal:
cat /etc/sogo/sogo.conf | grep SOGoSieveServer
    SOGoSieveServer = "sieve://127.0.0.1:4190/?tls=YES";

How can reactivate that option in the webmail's filter? The previously filters that were created are still working?

Is there any recommendation about this issue?

3

Re: Issue with filters in mailboxes

By default, sieve rules are in Roundcube webmail.   

Unless you have changed default configuration to deactivate sieve in Roundcube and activate them in sogo (a little tricky task..) you'd be better to search in Roundcube.

4 (edited by alexandercolhost 2020-08-15 02:14:05)

Re: Issue with filters in mailboxes

ms2504 wrote:

By default, sieve rules are in Roundcube webmail.   

Unless you have changed default configuration to deactivate sieve in Roundcube and activate them in sogo (a little tricky task..) you'd be better to search in Roundcube.

Hello, thanks for your reply. We use the sogo webmail ( SOGo Web Interface ), not roundcube. We attach in the image the options tat actually are displayed

Please help us. Many thanks

Post's attachments

sogowebmail.png 40.01 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

5

Re: Issue with filters in mailboxes

FYI: https://docs.iredmail.org/why.no.sieve. … .sogo.html

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

6

Re: Issue with filters in mailboxes

This is the actual configuration in the server:

    SOGoSieveServer = "sieve://127.0.0.1:4190/?tls=YES";
    SOGoSieveScriptsEnabled = YES;
    SOGoVacationEnabled = YES;
    SOGoForwardEnabled = YES;


Is there any issue with this case to use the filters to move messages to a specific folders?

7

Re: Issue with filters in mailboxes

alexandercolhost wrote:

This is the actual configuration in the server:

    SOGoSieveServer = "sieve://127.0.0.1:4190/?tls=YES";
    SOGoSieveScriptsEnabled = YES;
    SOGoVacationEnabled = YES;
    SOGoForwardEnabled = YES;


Is there any issue with this case to use the filters to move messages to a specific folders?

Is there any recommendation about this case?

8

Re: Issue with filters in mailboxes

In the screenshot of #4 post in this thread, the options are actually scrollable and there's an option named "File the message in", this is what you're looking for.

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

9

Re: Issue with filters in mailboxes

Installed this product today for the first time on Ubuntu 18.04 and everything worked fine except the vacation alerting.   Installed with SOGO only, no roundcube and vacation was set to yes.  After running dovecot in debug mode I could see there wasno sieve file for the user.

Sep  8 02:15:40 dufferin dovecot: lda(vkatz@4d2.ca): Debug: sieve: file storage: Failed to normalize active script directory (path=/var/vmail/vmail1/4d2.ca/v/k/a/vkatz-2020.09.07.13.33.32//sieve): Part of the path does not exist (yet)
Sep  7 21:05:18 dufferin dovecot: managesieve(vkatz@4d2.ca): Debug: sieve: file storage: Failed to normalize active script directory (path=/var/vmail/vmail1/4d2.ca/v/k/a/vkatz-2020.09.07.13.33.32//sieve): Part of the path does not exist (yet)


Looking in sieve.log I noticed dovecot was consistently failing to login due to an SSL "unknown ca" problem.  Found a few different support issues online involving sieve and TLS.  Changed tls to NO and the vacation filter worked fine.

    //          FYI: https://docs.iredmail.org/why.no.sieve. … .sogo.html
    //
    SOGoSieveServer = "sieve://127.0.0.1:4190/?tls=NO";
    SOGoSieveScriptsEnabled = YES;
    SOGoVacationEnabled = YES;
    SOGoForwardEnabled = YES;
    SOGoSieveFolderEncoding = UTF-8;



Sep  8 01:49:59 dufferin dovecot: managesieve-login: Disconnected (no auth attempts in 0 secs): user=<>, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, TLS handshaking: SSL_accept() failed: error:14094418:SSL routines:ssl3_rea
d_bytes:tlsv1 alert unknown ca: SSL alert number 48, session=<5sqBjcOuaJ1/AAAB>
Sep  8 01:52:17 dufferin dovecot: managesieve-login: Disconnected (no auth attempts in 0 secs): user=<>, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, TLS handshaking: SSL_accept() failed: error:14094418:SSL routines:ssl3_rea
d_bytes:tlsv1 alert unknown ca: SSL alert number 48, session=<ruLBlcOuap5/AAAB>
--- changed TLS=NO----
Sep  7 21:05:18 dufferin dovecot: managesieve-login: Login: user=<vkatz@---.ca>, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, mpid=6305, secured, session=<dG3ZmsSugOJ/AAAB>
Sep  7 21:05:18 dufferin dovecot: managesieve(vkatz@---.ca): Connection closed bytes=0/17
Sep  7 21:05:19 dufferin dovecot: managesieve-login: Login: user=<vkatz@---.ca>, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, mpid=6308, secured, session=<8z/xmsSuiuJ/AAAB>
Sep  7 21:05:19 dufferin dovecot: managesieve(vkatz@---e.ca): Connection closed bytes=13/46