Topic: Problem with huge e-mal account
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): iRedMail v1.2 iRedAdmin v1.0 (MySQL)
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian10
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
CPU: 4cores, 4GB RAM, 8GB SWAP
I have a problem with 1 e-mail account.
On this account are saved about 170k received messages.
Recently I deleted about 100k emails from the trash using CLI.
doveadm expunge -u firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox Trash savedbefore 30d
Mail clients like thunderbird, outlook, android clients or macOs clients has a trouble with indexing deleted mail.
I have another problem when I try to read emails from the website ( webmin ).
When I try to open received emails after 20-30 seconds I have error "Gateway time-out". If I try open another directory with fewer emails, it doesn't have this problem and I can read the emails.
This is log from ngingx 2020/08/12 10:24:23 [error] 25815#25815: *1054673 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: x.x.x.x, server: _, request: "GET /mail/?_task=mail&_action=list&_refresh=1&_layout=widescreen&_mbox=INBOX&_remote=1&_unlock=loading1597220603638&_=1597219393042 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php-fpm.socket", host: "xxx", referrer: "https://xxx/mail/?_task=mail&_mbox=INBOX"
Where can I look for a solution to my problem?