Topic: Having real problems getting this working with multiple domains.

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.3.1 PGSQL edition.
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?  Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  Ubuntu 20.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
I have set up iRedmail to replace an existing postfix mail server and have managed to sync mail with imapsync between the two correctly.

I seem to have it working OK on the main domain (infoteq.com.au) but I'm failing miserably with the other domains I have aliased to it (there are several).

I have set up alias domains in the database as documented as well as forwarding for a catchall address.

I also added them to mydestination is main.cf but I now realise this was a mistake. I uncommented the line in question but now can't start postfix because I keep getting

fatal: /etc/postfix/main.cf, line 289: missing '=' after attribute name: "proxy:pgsql:/etc/postfix/pgsql/transport_maps_user.cf"

which is a couple of lines below the one I edited and I can't for the life or me work out why.

The other really odd thing is that when I send email to say pnunn@intq.it, which is aliased to pnunn@infoteq.com.au I get

NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from rev5-se2-mel.hostedmail.net.au[103.252.155.200]: 550 5.1.0 <SRS1=ppVPmB=forwardemail.net==be88=cl=gmail.com=pedrooz@intq.com.au>: Sender address rejected: User unknown; from=<SRS1=ppVPmB=forwardemail.net==be88=cl=gmail.com=pedrooz@intq.com.au> to=<pnunn@infoteq.com.au> proto=ESMTP helo=<rev5-se2-mel.hostedmail.net.au>

Now, I have NO idea why pedrooz@intq.com.au is the sender when the mail was send from pedrooz@gmail.com?? intq.com.au is one of the aliased domains, but where this is coming from I have no clue.

This seems to be a bit of a mess so I've switched back to the original mail server for now.. what exactly should I do doing to make this work?

Ta

Peter.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Having real problems getting this working with multiple domains.

- Setup new iRedMail server, do not modify any config files.
- Follow this tutorial to add alias domain: https://docs.iredmail.org/sql.add.alias.domain.html

Thanks ZhangHuangbin. I managed to find the problem with the main.cf file and I think its actually working now.

I have one domain that isn't working because of a relay issue, and one that still needs auth for some reason (even though I think I've turned off grey listing).

Sep  3 19:51:15 mail3 postfix/smtpd[121979]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from rev5-se2-mel.hostedmail.net.au[103.252.155.200]: 554 5.7.1 <pnu     nn@infoteq.com.au>: Recipient address rejected: SMTP AUTH is required for users under this sender domain; from=<SRS0=DjCDUN=CM=gmail.co     m=pedrooz@goldenplainsit.com.au> to=<pnunn@infoteq.com.au> proto=ESMTP helo=<rev5-se2-mel.hostedmail.net.au>

But its otherwise working. Any idea why this one would be giving me grief?

Petre.

FYI: https://docs.iredmail.org/errors.html#r … der-domain