Topic: Trouble with mlmmjadmin

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):  1.3.1
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?  Downloadable installer.
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  Debian 9 and Debian 10
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?   NO
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
Hi!
I get similar errors on two servers  when I try to change the only_moderator_can_post parameter in the mailing list

Debian 9 (in production): 

mail1:/opt/mlmmjadmin/tools
# python3 maillist_admin.py update  test@mydomain.ru only_moderator_can_post=yes
Error while interactive with backend: TypeError('expected a string in the list', 'moderatorsonly')

Debian 10 (new install with migrate data from Debian 9):

mail2:/opt/mlmmjadmin/tools
# python3 maillist_admin.py update partner@atanor.ru only_moderator_can_post=yes 
Error while interactive with backend: TypeError('Tuple_to_LDAPMod(): expected a byte string in the list', 'moderatorsonly')

Any ideas how to solve this problem?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Trouble with mlmmjadmin

Which version of mlmmjadmin are you running? Please show me command output:

ls -dl /opt/mlmmjadmin

If it's not mlmmjadmin-3.0.2, please upgrade and try again:
https://docs.iredmail.org/upgrade.mlmmjadmin.html

# ls -dl /opt/mlmmjadmin
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 сен 16 16:58 /opt/mlmmjadmin -> /opt/mlmmjadmin-3.0.2

Definitely a bug of mlmmjadmin-3.0.2. I will reproduce it locally and fix it shortly. Stay tuned.

Thank!
I can provide logs and configuration files if it helps in solving the problem.

Bug fixed in latest mlmmjadmin-3.0.3, please upgrade it by following our tutorial here:

let me know how it works for you. smile

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Bug fixed in latest mlmmjadmin-3.0.3, please upgrade it by following our tutorial here:

let me know how it works for you. smile

Thank!
The problem with changing the only_moderator_can_post parameter has been resolved. However, setting the parameter does not work well on an existing distribution group. Subscribers can still send letters to the mailing list.

Found a new problem. For the test, I created a new distribution group (test@mydomayn.ru). I set up the new mailing list similarly to the existing one and added several subscribers to it. When I try to send a letter to a new mailing list from any mailbox, I get an error from the smtp server:

SMTP Error (550): Failed to add recipient "test@mydomain.ru" (5.1.1 <test@mydomain.ru>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table).

imak wrote:

The problem with changing the only_moderator_can_post parameter has been resolved. However, setting the parameter does not work well on an existing distribution group. Subscribers can still send letters to the mailing list.

Could you please show me output of command below:

cd /opt/mlmmjadmin/tools/
python3 maillist_admin.py info <your-list@domain.com>
imak wrote:

Found a new problem. For the test, I created a new distribution group (test@mydomayn.ru). I set up the new mailing list similarly to the existing one and added several subscribers to it. When I try to send a letter to a new mailing list from any mailbox, I get an error from the smtp server:

SMTP Error (550): Failed to add recipient "test@mydomain.ru" (5.1.1 <test@mydomain.ru>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table).

Starting from creating a new mailing list, please show me full commands and output used to reproduce this issue, a step-by-step instruction. So that i can reproduce and fix it.

Confirmed and fixed in mlmmjadmin-3.0.4, please upgrade and let me know how it works for you. smile

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Confirmed and fixed in mlmmjadmin-3.0.4, please upgrade and let me know how it works for you. smile

Hi!
Upgaded mlmmjadmin to version 3.0.4.
New mailing lists are now created and emails are sent to these mailings without errors.
Thanks!
But the problem with the not working setting "only_moderator_can_post=yes" remains.
My config:

# python3 maillist_admin.py info  maillist@mydomain.ru
subscription_moderators=[]
notify_sender_when_moderated=no
enable_newsletter_subscription=no
moderators=['mailman@mydomain.ru']
disable_notify_when_subscriber_only=no
disable_digest_text=no
owner=['postmaster@mydomain.ru']
extra_addresses=[]
disable_notify_when_exceeding_max_mail_size=no
only_subscriber_can_get_old_posts=yes
custom_headers=['List-Subscribe: <mailto:maillist+subscribe@mydomain.ru?subject=Subscribe>', 'List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:maillist+unsubscribe@mydomain.ru?subject=Unsubscribe>', 'Precedence: list', 'X-Mailing-List: maillist@mydomain.ru']
disable_notify_when_access_denied=no
disable_retrieving_subscribers=no
owners=['postmaster@mydomain.ru']
max_message_size=
moderated=no
notify_owner_when_sub_unsub=yes
moderate_non_subscriber_post=yes
relay_host=
close_list=no
disable_archive=yes
disable_subscription_confirm=no
footer_text=b''
disable_notify_when_missing_listaddress=no
footer_html=b''
disable_notify_when_moderator_only=no
disable_digest_subscription=no
disable_send_copy_to_sender=no
only_subscriber_can_post=no
subject_prefix=b''
name=b''
remove_headers=[]
disable_retrieving_old_posts=yes
disable_notify_subscription_moderated=no
smtp_helo=
smtp_port=10027
disable_subscription=no
moderate_subscription=no
only_moderator_can_post=yes
disable_nomail_subscription=no
tocc=yes

imak wrote:

But the problem with the not working setting "only_moderator_can_post=yes" remains.

What does "not working" mean here?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
imak wrote:

What does "not working" mean here?

Any subscriber can send a letter and all the rest will receive this letter.

This has been fixed in the latest iRedAPD-4.5. Please upgrade and let me know how it works for you:
https://docs.iredmail.org/upgrade.iredapd.html