Topic: How to set an email account to send only?

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

0.9.6 MySql edition
not sure
Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS
not pro

Hello, I need to create four email accounts that are send only.  I need a undeliverable email to be returned if an email is sent to one of these four accounts.  I did not see anywhere in the documentation where this was set nor did i see any settings for this.  I dead read somewhere that that there is a sql command to do this but would like confirmation of the correct way of doing this.

Thanks Brendan

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to set an email account to send only?

I am also looking do to the same thing on my email server, I am looking for a way to make a noreply@FQDN.co.uk address that I can send mail but will not receive mail.

Re: How to set an email account to send only?

Check SQL database "vmail", table "mailbox". You can find few SQL columns prefixed with "enable" word, set its value to 0 will disable the feature for you.

To not accept emails, run SQL command:

UPDATE mailbox SET enabledeliver=0,enablelda=0 WHERE username='<your-user-email>';