Topic: GSuite & iRedMail relays and local user problem
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.3.1 MARIADB edition
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 9 stretch
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
I am having trouble with the setup of an iRedMail setup.
The situation is the following:
- We have a domain called xyz.com hosted on SMTP Gmail with GSuite, with N accounts configured there and the other mail accounts are relayed to our iRedMail instance (and this works perfectly fine in sending and receiving mails from everywhere)
- We have the other M accounts configured in our iRedMail instance that can send mails to everyone, except the ones which are of the same domain xyz.com and not listed locally, but on the GSuite side.
From what we're seeing, iRedMail is trying to send the mail locally due to the fact that the domain is found locally, but it cannot find the user locally due to the fact that they are on GSuite and so giving us an error.
What should we do to enable iRedMail to send out user accounts of domain xyz.com that are not listed locally to relay on GSuite and thus making everything work out okay?
Thanks in advance