Topic: Centos 7 and dovecot 2.3.11.3-4

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):  1.3.1
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  Centos 7 (7.8)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):  Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
Centos 7 and dovecot 2.3.11.3-4

Hello,

I am trying to use Centos 7 (7.8) and latest dovecot 2.3.11.3-4

iredmail 1.3.1
(change from 2.2 to 2.3 in dovecot/conf)

[dovecot-2.3.11]
name=Dovecot 2.3 CentOS $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=http://repo.dovecot.org/ce-2.3.11/centos/$releasever/RPMS/$basearch
gpgkey=https://repo.dovecot.org/DOVECOT-REPO-GPG
gpgcheck=1
enabled=1

old 2.3.10.* dovecot builds  was OK

but with latest dovecot 2.3.11.3-3 and 2.3.11.3-4
I have a error in install log:     doveconf: Fatal: Error in configuration file /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-ssl.conf line 12: ssl_cert: Can't open file /etc/pki/dovecot/certs/dovecot.pem: No such file or directory
and i can not login with postmaster@mydomen.com

I see that you have fixed it on freebsd on latest master

ZhangHuangbin, can you port the changes from latest master  for compatibility with centos 7? 
Please!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Centos 7 and dovecot 2.3.11.3-4

jer29 wrote:

ZhangHuangbin, can you port the changes from latest master  for compatibility with centos 7? 

Not necessary on Linux. on FreeBSD, there's no /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf generated after package installation, so we have to copy sample config files and disable ssl before configuration, so that 'doveadm' command can be used (to generate password hashes).

Question for you: Why not stay with Dovecot-2.2.x offered by EPEL or iRedMail yum repo?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
jer29 wrote:

Not necessary on Linux. on FreeBSD, there's no /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf generated after package installation, so we have to copy sample config files and disable ssl before configuration, so that 'doveadm' command can be used (to generate password hashes).

Question for you: Why not stay with Dovecot-2.2.x offered by EPEL or iRedMail yum repo?

I like centos 7 because I have been working with it for a while (I am not working with centos8 yet)
and I like the latest packages (posfix repos.oostergo.net and dovecot repo.dovecot.org)
because they are... new and they are the main packages on the mail server, all other of the packages I have are standard from your beautiful mail server

working solution for me: install dovecot from repo.dovecot.org , manually delete  /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-ssl.conf  and then  install iRedMail

iRedMail installs packages from official and EPEL repositories, we can not and no plan to cover all other third-party repos admins may use.