1 (edited by Almotzo 2020-11-27 23:46:58)

Topic: Mail server sends emails four times after update

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version 1.3.1 SoGo 5 Dev
- Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 9.13
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  Maria-DB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? : No
====

Hello everybody,

I have a simple problem but can't find a solution. At the weekend I raised the iRedMail server from 1.2.1 to 1.3.1 and also SOGo from 4 to 5.

Now I have the problem that the emails are sent twice or four times to the recipient just in time via Outlook.

How can i fix this error

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Mail server sends emails four times after update

Hi,

a screenshot of the error is attached. Outlook shows the duplicate messages. The emails are also duplicated on the server under "sends". Sending is also shown twice in the logs.

Post's attachments

error.jpg
error.jpg 40.85 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

apt-get install --reinstall  'sogo*' '*sope*'

Returns:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libsope4.9-dev : Conflicts: libsope-dev
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Doesn't anyone have an idea, tip, hint or solution?

Try to upgrade sogo and sope packages. sometimes sogo behaves weird due to out of date sope packages.

6 (edited by Almotzo 2020-12-01 16:26:47)

And how do I do that best with the Sope packages under Debian 9.13? Yesterday i have per dist-upgrade install sogo and sope form 11 30 2020.

I noticed that the emails get stuck in the Outlook outbox, i.e. it was sent, the move to sent could not be completed. Outlook sends again and then the move works in sent.

Update: I have install sogo and sogo-sync Paket from Today.

Today there were updates from SOGO again and SOPE was there too. I installed everything. Restarted the server. Unfortunately the problem is still there ...

Please try to get help from SOGo mailing list or its issue tracker:
https://sogo.nu/support.html#/community
https://sogo.nu/support.html#/bugs

I opened a bug at SoGo. It didn't work, I already have 2 servers that have the problem (one of them was freshly installed 60 days ago). It can't just be SoGo.

I am at a loss. And the users really annoyed.

Check SOGo + Postfix + Dovecot log files, does it really sent same email out 4 times?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Check SOGo + Postfix + Dovecot log files, does it really sent same email out 4 times?

Yes, there are duplicate entries. The recipients of the emails have also complained that they have received emails twice or four times

Really no idea, too weird.

- Does the sender or recipient have any sieve rules which may copy / resent the email?
- Do you have any BCC settings for the sender or recipient?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Really no idea, too weird.

- Does the sender or recipient have any sieve rules which may copy / resent the email?
- Do you have any BCC settings for the sender or recipient?

No and No.

I was able to observe the problem. Outlook sends the message, the message was sent, you can also find the message under sent. But the message does not disappear from the outbox. Say the sync command with sent mail is sent please remove outbox gets stuck. And Outlook then starts all over again until sometime the mail is gone from the outbox. But this can also be found 2 to 6 times under sent.