1 (edited by hifall 2020-12-20 21:25:16)

Topic: spamd eval failed

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.0
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? the downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I was trying to have SpamAssassin work with Postfix. I'd set up the SpamAssassin milter in Postfix.

Then I sent an email to support@mydomain.com hosted on the email server, expecting to see some X-Spam-Status email header inserted by SpamAssassin.

However, there was none there. A look into /var/log/maillog gave:

Dec 20 10:41:51 mail spamd[5494]: spamd: connection from ::1 [::1]:39186 to port 783, fd 5
Dec 20 10:41:51 mail spamd[5494]: spamd: handle_user (getpwnam) unable to find user: 'support'
Dec 20 10:41:51 mail spamd[5494]: spamd: still running as root: user not specified with -u, not found, or set to root, falling back to nobody
Dec 20 10:41:51 mail spamd[5494]: spamd: processing message <CA+=LkNExPgUGEt1a16xxxrUndUE_w4P_X=AeE2=hFxziwRkzkQ@mail.gmail.com> for support:65534
Dec 20 10:41:52 mail spamd[5494]: plugin: eval failed: bayes: (in learn) locker: safe_lock: cannot create lockfile /nonexistent/.spamassassin/bayes.mutex: No such file or directory
Dec 20 10:41:52 mail spamd[5494]: spamd: clean message (-0.2/5.0) for support:65534 in 0.4 seconds, 2578 bytes.
Dec 20 10:41:52 mail spamd[5494]: spamd: result: . 0 - DKIM_SIGNED,DKIM_VALID,DKIM_VALID_AU,DKIM_VALID_EF,FREEMAIL_FROM,HTML_MESSAGE,UNPARSEABLE_RELAY scantime=0.4,size=2578,user=support,uid=65534,required_score=5.0,rhost=::1,raddr=::1,rport=39186,mid=<CA+=LkNExPgUGEt1a16xxxrUndUE_w4P_X=AeE2=hFxziwRkzkQ@mail.gmail.com>,autolearn=unavailable autolearn_force=no

Looks like spamd wasn't able to find the user support, and unable to create the bayes mutext.

Any idea how I can fix this?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: spamd eval failed

With default iRedMail setup, SpamAssassin is called by Amavisd, there's no "spamd" service or SpamAssassin milter running.
I'm afraid that you're on your own.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

With default iRedMail setup, SpamAssassin is called by Amavisd, there's no "spamd" service or SpamAssassin milter running.
I'm afraid that you're on your own.

Thanks for your reply.

Can you tell me how I can update the settings so that I can use spamd to generate the X-spam-xxx headers?

hifall wrote:

Can you tell me how I can update the settings so that I can use spamd to generate the X-spam-xxx headers?

I'm afraid that you're on your own. Sorry.