Topic: Proxy Relay

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.3.1
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 10
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes, 4.5
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hello,

I have an iRedMail setup working great on a cloud hosted VPS however I'd like to expand the storage and move it to one of my internal VMs.  The IP on the VPS is clean and established and I'd like to continue using it.  My question is, Can I setup an instance of iRedMail on the VPS to relay emails coming from the iRedMail instance on my VM?  I imagine it is possible but I'm not to sure on the procedure.  All the emails would have to appear as if they originate from the VPS as to not trigger any spam/deliverability issues.  I was thinking about setting it up as a standalone on the VPS but then I'm not sure how it would authenticate or store sent messages on the actual VM.  It would be nice for all IMAP,MSA,SMTP interactions to be handled by the VPS like a Proxy Relay to and from the VM but still not sure how to achieve that.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated  big_smile

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.