Topic: Accept Mail for Both Hostname and Domain
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.3.2 MARIADB edition.
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend: 10.3.25-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.20.04.1 Ubuntu 20.04
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx/1.18.0 (Ubuntu)
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
Feb 17 01:36:55 mail postfix/smtpd: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-ej1-f49.google.com[22.214.171.124]: 550 5.1.1 <firstname.lastname@example.org>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown; from=<email@example.com> to=<firstname.lastname@example.org> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail-ej1-f49.google.com>
I apologize upfront; I am very certain this has been asked (probably many times), and I'm confident the solution is out there - but I'm having trouble finding the answer.
Mail flow is fine: the server accepts mail for its domain (e.g., example.com).
However, the server won't accept mail for itself (i.e., at its hostname, e.g., mymailserver.example.com). The hostname is specified in /etc/postfix/main.cf as a destination:
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost, localhost.localdomain
I feel like I'm missing something very obvious here.
Thank you for your patience.