Topic: Estending spam filters based on email addresses used by a specific IP
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.3.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Download
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: FreeBSD
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
i am looking at a way to eliminate some additional spam.
In my particular situation I have a number of email addresses that are no longer receiving any useful email but that have been harvested by spammers over the years. I would like to trigger something when an email is received by one of these addresses and automatically tag as spam anything that comes from the same IP address for, let's say, the following 24hrs.
I think this is possible, maybe with a bit of custom code, I might be bale to write some of the code myself, but I need a bit of help understanding how to hook it up to iredmail.
BTW, i would rather silently discarding all messages, rather than blacklist the IP, they would simply change IP based on the spammers behavior i have observed. But I'm happy to ear arguments for doing it the other way, if anyone has experience about it.