Topic: SpamAssassin: Update available, but download or extract failed

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
Hi, Is below error pertainig to getting new software or likely to be a signature database? can I update spamassassing manually? where is the path to copy the file? how often should download?
channel: could not find working mirror, channel failed
26-Feb-2021 04:26:26: SpamAssassin: Update available, but download or extract failed

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: SpamAssassin: Update available, but download or extract failed

ired_mania wrote:

It's ok to ignore it and let it keep trying.

It's a known issue that SpamAssassin mirror sites may be unavailable temporarily sometime, but it will be back later.

I am not sue whether I have Internet access to these sites, how can I check it? (It might be pertaining to filtered website)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
ired_mania wrote:

It's a known issue that SpamAssassin mirror sites may be unavailable temporarily sometime, but it will be back later.

4 (edited by ired_mania 2021-04-04 16:11:33)

ired_mania wrote:

I am not sue whether I have Internet access to these sites, how can I check it? (It might be pertaining to filtered website)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
ired_mania wrote:

It does not sound to be temporarily unavailable due to receiving on a daily basis. I am a little worry about the functionality of spamassassin. I dont know why spamassassin needs this website and whether there is  alternatives when it is not accessible?

ired_mania wrote:

I dont know why spamassassin needs this website and whether there is  alternatives when it is not accessible?

To balance the bandwidth for downloading its (updated) rule files, a.k.a. mirror sites.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
ired_mania wrote:

I dont know why spamassassin needs this website and whether there is  alternatives when it is not accessible?

To balance the bandwidth for downloading its (updated) rule files, a.k.a. mirror sites.

How can I sure that rules are updated? what are the other links?