1

Topic: Cron issues with clamav

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hello,
Thank you for the replies in advance. 

CentOS7 system with MariaDB * iRedAdmin-Pro


Recently getting errors related to clamav
ERROR: downloadFile: Unexpected response (429) from https://database.clamav.net/daily-26107.cdiff
ERROR: getpatch: Can't download daily-26107.cdiff from https://database.clamav.net/daily-26107.cdiff
ERROR: downloadFile: Unexpected response (429) from https://database.clamav.net/daily.cvd
ERROR: getcvd: Can't download daily.cvd from https://database.clamav.net/daily.cvd
ERROR: Update failed for database: daily
ERROR: Database update process failed: HTTP GET failed (11)
ERROR: Update failed.


Suspect the system is being blocked from too many calls via the API given the (429) code.  How do I confirm and correct that is the case?

2

Re: Cron issues with clamav

Might be just a temporary clamav mirror site issue. Keep trying regularly.

----

Buy me a cup of coffee ($5) to support iRedMail:

buy me a cup of coffee

3

Re: Cron issues with clamav

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Might be just a temporary clamav mirror site issue. Keep trying regularly.

No it continues.  Additionally, a manual wget from the mail host fails as well.   However, can manually download via a browser on local system once CloudFlare allows us.   

It may be tied to a timeout issue due to Cloudflare redirect.  Example of the browser display.


Where are the configuration values for the process configured?

Post's attachments

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 7.13.39 AM.png 96.49 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

4

Re: Cron issues with clamav

pbf343 wrote:
ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Might be just a temporary clamav mirror site issue. Keep trying regularly.

No it continues.  Additionally, a manual wget from the mail host fails as well.   However, can manually download via a browser on local system once CloudFlare allows us.   

It may be tied to a timeout issue due to Cloudflare redirect.  Example of the browser display.


Where are the configuration values for the process configured?



Ah - found another message:
channel: no 'mirrors.sought.rules.yerp.org' record found, channel failed
18-Mar-2021 05:18:02: SpamAssassin: Unknown error code 3 from sa-update

5

Re: Cron issues with clamav

Anything new to this?

I still get the error message:

channel: no 'mirrors.sought.rules.yerp.org' record found, channel failed
31-Mär-2021 04:57:42: SpamAssassin: Update available, but download or extract failed

6

Re: Cron issues with clamav

diespezialisten wrote:

Anything new to this?

I still get the error message:

channel: no 'mirrors.sought.rules.yerp.org' record found, channel failed
31-Mär-2021 04:57:42: SpamAssassin: Update available, but download or extract failed

Nothing on our end as far as configuration to my knowledge but have done kernel update and am about to update software packages soon. 

The original error message on our end until March 23, 2021. 

On March 24, 2021 - started getting this error.

Subject: Cron <root@__HOSTNAME__> /usr/share/spamassassin/sa-update.cron 2>&1 | tee -a /var/log/sa-update.log

Body: channel: no 'mirrors.sought.rules.yerp.org' record found, channel failed
24-Mar-2021 04:21:07: SpamAssassin: Unknown error code 3 from sa-update


No response from Zhang or crew.  Was probably going to open a new ticket given the color scheme displayed on the forum.

7

Re: Cron issues with clamav

diespezialisten wrote:

channel: no 'mirrors.sought.rules.yerp.org' record found, channel failed

It's a temporarily SpamAssassin mirror site issue, i'm afraid that nothing we can do on our side. Just let SpamAssassin (sa-update) keep trying with other mirror sites.

----

Buy me a cup of coffee ($5) to support iRedMail:

buy me a cup of coffee

8 (edited by pbf343 2021-04-01 21:37:01)

Re: Cron issues with clamav

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
diespezialisten wrote:

channel: no 'mirrors.sought.rules.yerp.org' record found, channel failed

Yes saw that but it is the first time - it was not the previous error. 

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

It's a temporarily SpamAssassin mirror site issue, i'm afraid that nothing we can do on our side. Just let SpamAssassin (sa-update) keep trying with other mirror sites.

OK Thank you.  However, where are the "other mirror sites" setting to adjust?   Or where do we find the various settings operating the software?   FYI: I'm under the impression that iRedAPD plays a role in antivirus and spam operations.

9

Re: Cron issues with clamav

I removed /etc/mail/spamassassin/channel.d/sought.conf   which is now switched off.

They dropped it because it's obsolete.

Updates are now running using  spamassassin-official.conf  for me.

10

Re: Cron issues with clamav

ms2504 wrote:

I removed /etc/mail/spamassassin/channel.d/sought.conf   which is now switched off.

They dropped it because it's obsolete.

Updates are now running using  spamassassin-official.conf  for me.


Thank you. Iwill try with this. :-)