Topic: v1.1 to v1.2 upgrade did not exactly work

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.1
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu Server 18.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

First I must apologize for not including any log information. I'm not sure which logs to attach.

I upgraded from v1.1 to v1.2 over the weekend. Apart from a syntax error when I edited the settings.py file, things went fine. I made one boneheaded error when I added the "store fail2ban in SQL" part of the upgrade; I ran the commands for MySQL instead of PostgreSQL. To remedy this I just dropped the new database and reran the right commands and everything went smoothly.

The problem is with RoundCube. I had backed up the original roundcubemail-1.4.2 directory so I could just move things back to where they were, so no problems there.

When I installed the v1.4.3 everything seemed to go well. I logged in and clicked About and it showed v1.4.3 as expected. When I tried to compose an email I saw that my signature was missing. I still tried to test but when I clicked the Send button nothing happens. The button action looks like it did before, the button highlights properly. But the message does not send and I do not get the notification in the lower-right corner like I used to and the message does not send.

Did the rsync scripts not work properly? Which logs can I look in for this? I did not see anything in the syslog that appeared to have anything to do with this. How can I get the send button to work and keep everyone's signatures?

Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: v1.1 to v1.2 upgrade did not exactly work

mrimichael wrote:

When I installed the v1.4.3 everything seemed to go well.

How did you "install" the v1.4.3?

mrimichael wrote:

when I clicked the Send button nothing happens. The button action looks like it did before, the button highlights properly. But the message does not send and I do not get the notification in the lower-right corner like I used to and the message does not send.

No any error on the webmail UI?

mrimichael wrote:

Which logs can I look in for this?

Any related error in /var/log/maillog?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
mrimichael wrote:

When I installed the v1.4.3 everything seemed to go well.

How did you "install" the v1.4.3?

mrimichael wrote:

when I clicked the Send button nothing happens. The button action looks like it did before, the button highlights properly. But the message does not send and I do not get the notification in the lower-right corner like I used to and the message does not send.

No any error on the webmail UI?

mrimichael wrote:

Which logs can I look in for this?

Any related error in /var/log/maillog?

I installed v1.4.3 by downloading the roundcubemail-v1.4.3.tar.gz file to the /home/user directory, untarring the file then running the bin/installto.sh script. The prompts after this were easy to follow. I just had to tell it to install to the /opt/www/roundcubemail-v1.4.2 directory. My original description was false. I looked at the screen output, I copied it to a word file, and found this:

Installing JavaScript dependencies...Fetching https://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.4.1.min.js
Installing jQuery...
Wrote file /opt/www/roundcubemail-1.4.2/program/js/jquery.min.js
Done.
Fetching https://bitbucket.org/pellepim/jstimezo … stz.min.js
ERROR: Incorrect sha1 sum of /opt/www/roundcubemail-1.4.2/temp/js_cache/jstz-1.0.6.js. Expected: 4291cd3b259d2060460c2a6ab99f428d3c0c9537, got: 2c3d6c5f0c9e97da00c2f983f1d6511751527ac4
done.

NOTICE: The 'installer' directory still exists. You should remove it after the upgrade.

Running update script at target...
Executing database schema update.
NOTICE: Update dependencies by running `php composer.phar update --no-dev`
This instance of Roundcube is up-to-date.
Have fun!
All done.

I'm not sure if this had anything to do with this or not. I'm embarrassed to say that I did not run the `php composer.phar update --no-dev` command after. Will this help? It prolly couldn't hurt. I'll try later today and update this post.

There are no errors on the UI. It just kind of sits there. The message I typed does not go away and take me to the inbox like I would expect.

I did not see anything in the log that looked appropriate. When I put things back with the 1.4.3 for testing and running the php command, I'll give it another look.

Thanks again

OK,

I put things back so that it is roundcube v1.4.3 and I still have the same issue. When I try to run the php command, I get this output:

root@mx:/home/mrict# php composer.phar update --no-dev
Could not open input file: composer.phar
root@mx:/home/mrict# `php composer.phar update --no-dev`
Could: command not found

I ran the command a second time with the graves in case that might make a difference. The roundcube upgrade instructions on this page, https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubem … i/Upgrade, just said run the command. Would the manual steps be a better way to upgrade? How about upgrading to the 1.4.4 for iRedMail v1.2.1? What about getting people's signatures back after?

The maillog does not show anything at all for my login when I try this.

I'm kind of at a loss.

Thanks

I only upgrade Roundcube with the "bin/installto.sh" script, not "php composer.phar ..." thing.
The "bin/installto.sh" script will copy (by "rsync") files under current directory to specified old Roundcube directory, then fix few deprecated config settings, also update SQL db.

The problem is, you must download the "roundcubemail-complete-1.4.3.tar.gz" package, it contains all required dependent packages (which is supposed to be installed with "php composer.phar ..." if you didn't download the "-complete" package).

I used that script, also. After the installation it told me that I would need to run that command.

But downloading the complete package was the key. I installed that with the installto.sh script and almost everything worked great!

I say everything because signatures did not originally work, but they showed up like before. When I sent the first test mails I noticed that while the signatures were in the composed email, they did not appear to be sent with the message, just the few words of text that I used as a test. I rewrote the test message then moved my cursor to the end of the signature then sent the message. Then the signature then showed up on the test message.

So, in summation, I had to download the "complete" tar.gz package and all was good after.

Thanks again