Topic: Server Error Problem with Roundcube
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.3.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: centos 8
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
after installing iredmail i am getting an error when trying to view emails in roundcube:
Server Error! (Internal Server Error)
i am fine in viewing emails in sogo and all is well when accessing emails via email client.
roundcube is identifying the correct number of unread emails in the relevant folder (the correct number appears top left) but no emails are listed. sending emails is fine.
i have not made any changes to the rc config and the only problems that appear in the logs are a few php warnings about empty variables. i have searched for a number of hours trying to find clues about the problem's origins but to no avail. i guess it is possible i could have missed a log somewhere.
i guess the empty variable warnings could be the cause of the problems but i am doubtful.
i have done quite a few of these installations on centos 6 and 7 and never had an issue that could not be solved and have a well documented process that i go through to get the result i want, so this problem is out of left field.
i scrapped my first installation in centos 8 because of the issue as i though i may have stuffed up along the way, but the same problem is still there second time around after being super careful i followed the correct procedure.
has anyone else experienced this?