Topic: recomendations for professional managed iRedmail hosting/provider
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): not yet
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? no
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: none
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): none
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
Dear iRedmail Forum,
I hope this is the best forum for this request, as hopefully it is going to be a success story.
We are an international NGO protecting human rights defenders. We have permanent presences in 6 countries in SEA, Africa, and Latin America. Our central office is based in Europe, and due to the nature of our work, we are looking for an email hosting in a EU-27/GDPR-equivalent country.
We currently have about 80 employees worldwide, and about 300GB of email data.
Thunderbird is our main email client. For webmail we use Roundcube, for Caldav/Carddav we use SOGo. Authentication is currently based on AD, but migrating to OpenLDAP would not be a stumble-block, as this would also be in line with a internal restructuring.
Because we are already using some building blocks of iRedmail, and we are happy with both Roundcube, and SOGo, iRedmail seems the most viable solution to us for our goal to migrate away from our (ancient) IMAP/SMTP solution, and implement a common authentication for IMAP/SMTP and Caldav/Carddav.
Could anybody recommend us good managed iRedmail providers/hosting, and share their experiences with us? I know that iRedmail is mainly meant to self-host/ticket-based-troubleshooting, but we don't have the resources, or time, and would like to externalize email/groupware hosting.
You can also contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org