Topic: upgrade debian 8 to 10

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: debian 10 buster now
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): NGINX
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? NO
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
Hi,
SOGO is giving me 502 error bad gateway after having upgraded debian from 8 to 9 to 10. First step was painless, everything worked after upgrading from debian 8 to debian 9 without ugrading iredmail. Following step, upgrade 9 to 10, has modified something in configuration so https://x.x.x.x/SOGO is no more reachable.
at this moment this iredmail server is a clone of a real server still in production, i'm trying to upgrade everything before stopping the old one.
the ssl cert is not correct, it was deployed for the old one, anyway every other service is still working but SOGO.
What can I try to solve it?
Br

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

2 (edited by stefanogatto 2021-07-23 04:40:17)

Re: upgrade debian 8 to 10

second step
I finally realized that sogo didn't start because all sogo files under /usr/sbin were missing. I reinstalled it and now starts correctly and let me connect. Unfortunately doesn't find all my emails, showing the warning "no mailbox selected"
calendar works fine

Please check log files to figure out why it doesn't work.

thank you, solved by reading logs and correcting errors one by one... my apologies, I was lost