Topic: iRedMail as Relay Host to SendGrid Relay

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.4.0 MARIADB edition
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?: Downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?: No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi there,

I have decidede to use SendGrid as an email relay due to reputation issues with my IP (OVH) which is working well. However, I am needing to send syslog emails to an email address and am getting a Connected refused error in /var/log/mail.log

I have attached an image of my setup, essentially:
Proxmox Host (backup syslog emails) ---> iRedMail server ---> SendGrid Relay ---> Internet

Is it possible to have iRedMail relay mail to SendGrid as well as relaying between the Proxmox hosts? So being a recieving and sending relay server? Am I dumb doing this? Is there a better way of doing it?

If I email directly between a mail client (Thunderbird) straight to the iRedMail server, I get emails as expected. However, when sending mail from Proxmox I get the Connection Refused error and have also had Relay access denied as an error.

My Proxmox servers are set up as Satellite servers with Postfix, with my iRedMail server configured as the relay destination

Any pointers on this would be amazing

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMail as Relay Host to SendGrid Relay

Not sure if the image attached came through - here is an imgur link: https://imgur.com/a/zoS87Yk

Re: iRedMail as Relay Host to SendGrid Relay

you may need to configure relayhost on Proxmox if you want to send email from Proxmox directly.