Topic: Email address with Special characters: Relay access denied
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.4
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
Ubuntu 20 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
I'm using one CRM that generates a special unique email ID for each customer. This email ID is generated from the main email address like this first example:
- Customer name: John
- Unique generated email: email@example.com
Everything is working fine if email id has not white speaces in customer name like first example.
If Customer name has white spaces, my CRM add special characters and I always received a Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender. Second Example:
- Customer Name: John Doe
- Unique generated email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The error log is:
Relay access denied (in reply to RCPT TO command)
If I use an external email account from gmail or similar, is working fine so I think it can be fixed in iRedMail configuration or Postfix.
Any idea please?
Thank you and excuse my poor English.